POSITION TITLE: Cleaner
TENURE: Permanent Part-time (10 hours per week) 6.30am-8.30am
PAY RATE: Cleaning Services Employee Level 1 – $26.17 per hour plus Super Guarantee Contribution and $15.28 allowance.
PROBATION: 3-Months’ probation period
HOLIDAYS: Four weeks annual leave. Due to the times of operation of the Norlane Community Centre, staff may be required to take some leave at Christmas, except in exceptional circumstances where approval to take leave on other occasions must be sought from the Coordinator.
Norlane Community Centre Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services, facilities, programs and activities in response to community need. It aims to strengthen the community through creating a space of belonging, inclusivity, equity and growth. It is a place for people to gain friendships, support and learning.
The House is governed by a Board of Management, elected every three years, whose members are drawn from the community.
The Norlane Community Centre is committed to providing a friendly environment where individuals can develop self-empowerment in ownership and participation in Norlane and surrounding areas.
Our vision is a community where everyone has the opportunity to be engaged, accepted and actively involved and their contribution valued.
Norlane Community Centre is seeking a part-time cleaner to clean and maintain a safe environment for staff, volunteers and the community.
We are seeking a proficient cleaner to perform cleaning duties two hours each day, Monday to Friday.
Duties will include cleaning, moping and vacuuming of common areas and offices
- Clean and sanitise common areas using products from Norlane Community Centre’s cleaning store.
- Maintain the cleaning store for own duties and use by other staff, volunteers and participants, including co-ordination of ordering cleaning products.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow verbal directions.
- Ability to work well alone.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines to accommodate building use.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Attention to detail when cleaning.
- Organised and able to follow a schedule.
- General knowledge of Norlane Community Centre’s cleaning products, supplies and techniques for cleaning.
- Ability to read, analyse, understand and interpret instruction. Good communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and solve practical problems.
- Capacity and willingness to seek clarification where necessary.
Norlane Community Centre is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, ethnicity or disability.
Applications will be received until 5pm on Monday the 19th of June 2023
Address your application to: The Coordinator, Norlane Community Centre, PO Box 1067, Corio 3214 or alternatively email them to [email protected]
Inquiries: Esther Konings-Oakes or Rebecca Medley 52758124.